Chillichap’s AI Odyssey: A Fusion of Van Eyck’s Arnolfini Portrait with the Strokes of Van Gogh, Picasso, & Dalí - An AI-Enhanced Visual Feast

Hello!

Love it or hate it, artificial intelligence, or AI, is here to stay. It’s definitely a transformative force and has become an integral part of our lives (even though we often don’t know it!). I’m still getting to grips with AI. When I say get to grips, I mean understand it more and maybe discover ways of using it in interesting ways. Today I’m taking The Amolfini Portrait Painting by Jan Van Eyck, and I’m seeing what AI can do to soup it up. I know, I can hear the gasps-why fiddle with something that’s already damn near perfect? Isn’t that what we do as human beings-fiddle, tinker, and even break things in our attempts to understand them? I’m not saying what A.I. produces is better, but I think that you’ll find that the results are certainly interesting!


  • Title: The Arnolfini Portrait
  • Artist: Jan Van Eyck
  • Year: 1434
  • Medium: Oil on canvas
  • Size: 32.4 in x 23.6 in (82.2 cm x 60 cm); panel 33.3 in x 24.6 in (84.5 cm x 62.5 cm)
  • Location: National Gallery, London, England


A Touch of Van Gough


Believe it or not, this was the best I could get with tons of attempts. I'm prepared to wave a white canvas cloth of surrender on this one. Still a great picture though eh?

A Picasso Fusion


This one’s better in my opinion and quite comical, but it still captures the solemnity in the subjects’ faces. Looks like it’s 9 months before the original picture though.

A Touch of Dali

Ah well, you can't win em all. This last picture looks like something out of Game of Thrones. I had a lot of attempts to do this too, but it was not to be.

Conclusion

It feels like I've been playing Chinese Whispers with pictures. Each time the proverbial baton is passed on, we seem to be further away from the original. We could end with a fish at this rate! What I think happens is the A.I. remembers your last instructions and sometimes incorporates these without asking. It's a bit frustrating and often comical. Try putting in a title and that's often worse-you'll find extra letters that you really don't want. At first I thought it was because of worries over copyright infringement, but I think it's a case of practise makes perfect (I hope)

Thanks for reading

Matt AKA Chillichap


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chillichap's A to Z Guide of Cockney Rhyming Slang - Includes a Decoding of the Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Bar Scene (I hope) CERT 18

Chillichap's Review - Pride and Prejudice 1995 BBC TV Series Starring Colin Firth, Jennifer Ehle & Alison Steadman

Chillichap's World - Thought for the Week - Does Luck Exist? Or is this just another term for Coincidence, Fate or Destiny?